FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Take a look at our FAQ below, and if you can’t find what you’re looking for don’t hesitate to get in touch
With all of our units being completely bespoke and made to order, there’s a whole host of options you can include when we design what you need. For our portable toilet and shower blocks, you’ll need to think about capacity required and if you’d like cubicle style or direct access. For our Luxury Lodges you’ll need to think about if you want furnished or unfurnished, one, two or three bed – or maybe if you’d like a log burner or not!
- What kind of facilities do I need?
- Do I need toilets, showers, or a combination of both? We offer lots of variations to suit every need.
- Unisex toilets work for some sites, but separate ladies and gentlemen facilities work at others. You can also choose from direct access toilets or cubicle style with communal vanity areas. Think about how this could work for your site, truckstop or holiday park.
- How many toilets, showers or rooms will I need?
- Current rules for campsites in the UK are that you must have 1x shower for every 25 pitches and 2x ladies and 1x mens toilet + urinal for every 120 pitches, however lots of UK campsites and holiday parks are increasing this number to improve visitor experience and lessen queues during those busy shower hours. If you have an extremely busy campsite, having more shower per pitches would be really helpful, and separate showers and toilets could speed up the process during peak hours of usage.
- Would other rooms be useful to us and our visitors on our campsite?
- We can add on a whole host of different amenities to your portable toilet and shower block; from kitchens and washing up areas under a canopy, separate changing areas or laundry rooms, and office or reception areas for staff to host from.
- Truck stop portable toilet and shower block add ons:
- We’ve added additional rooms such as laundry rooms, wash up areas and kitchens as well as rec rooms for drivers to relax in, and vending machine offerings to improve facilities for them while they’ve stopped with you.
- What type of supply will work best for me?
- We can supply fully electric units, or mainly LPG for water heating. Think about where the portable units will go, and what supply you already have or can put in to supply them.
- How long will it take you to build my new facilities?
- We aim to get every unit to you within 12 weeks of order. Alternatively, if you’ve got a date in the further future you’d like us to, work to we can accommodate that too.
- What are the benefits of having an Arkem Leisure portable block over a traditional permanent building?
- There are many benefits to having a portable toilet and shower block over a traditional building. The full unit is prefabricated away from your site and dropped in to place ready to connect to utilities meaning you’ll have no disruption to your business while we get your new space ready.
- You can choose every aspect of your prefabricated portable block – external cladding, windows and guttering, internal wall and floor finishes, sink style and lighting – it’s all completely bespoke to your needs and design ideas.
- The ability to move the blocks around your site to suit needs as they unfold or put them away for winter/ closed periods helps with maintaining the facilities and keeping them in tip top condition.
- Should your business ever need to move locations, you can take your new facilities with you therefore your return on investment continues.
- Access to my site is difficult – how will you deliver it?
- Hard to reach campsites, glamping and holiday parks are not uncommon! We work with our trusted delivery partner who is well versed in getting any unit into its home. This is something we will discuss with you when detailing the specifications of your bespoke block.
- How long will by portable block last?
- All Arkem Leisure toilet, shower and office blocks, Luxury Lodges and Amenity blocks come with 12 months guarantee on all materials and workmanship, as well as manufacturer warranties for all appliances. Your boiler will carry a manufacturer’s warranty which will begin when the boiler is commissioned by a certified engineer and this is registered online.
- We supply you with all the care information you’ll need to clean and take care of your new block both internally and externally; but we believe with some TLC and careful usage your block can last you a lifetime!